Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Day at DPS, Newtown Episode #5


The Clock Ticked Twelve Noon. 

It was a Sunday. Still it was like as if we were inside a freezer. Students did not turn up much at StringX. So we were just enjoying coffee cup moments. And the phone rang. First my device rang. I did not gather the energy to pick up the phone. Next time, it was Arka’s phone that rang. It was a call from Anjaan, one of my former students (now among my friends' list on fb and elsewhere!), who had an Automobile Degree to his Credit now! His wife is a teacher of Delhi Public School (DPS), Newtown Campus. That DPS’s annual fest was going to take place on that day. As such it was a two day event, from Saturday to Sunday. They requested us to be present. Remember, this is the day we had to attend MuTech as well. So, a rather busy schedule always poke in front of us every Sunday. And that Sunday was no different.

Let’s Go to DPS

Anyway, we decided to move to DPS. It is located too fur away from city center. And availing public vehicles is a remote possibility. But thanks to Anjaan for taking us with them to their joy ride. The path to DPS is really wonderful – beautiful last green complex, trees and plantations all around, and multi-colored housing complexes make everything look so natural.
DPS, Newtown - Me with Arunava Kabiraj. This picture was captured by Anjaan Saha!

My First Newtown Journey

My first journey to this locality reminds me of some really pleasant moment. It took
place a couple of year’s ago. When we were coming back after a PUJA holiday trip to a
place near India – Bangladesh border. The landscape changed all of a sudden. Beautiful houses, flyovers, well maintained gardens – an amazing place to watch. But it is remotely connected with city center. The place is yet to grow up. I do not think too many people have started to stay in those sky-high towers.
With Anjaan & Arka, DPS, Newtown

My Second Visit! And Must I Forget Those Moments!

My second visit to that place took place only this year in the month of September. And I would rather like to forget those days. I had to say goodbye to one of my friends forever at TATA Cancer Research Hospital, Rajarhat. Couple of month’s back – I was loitering in this area praying to God for my friend’s life. She is no more with us. But life goes on. And I have to come here again. And this time to see the budding prospects of new India.

DPS, Newtown! Is it a SCHOOL?

I have never been to any FIVE-Starred hotels. There are quite a few here in Kolkata. The
Taj, Grand Hotel, Great Eastern Hotel, Park Hotel, Hyat Regency, Peerless Inn and many
more. I have only heard marvelous stories depicting their pricey menus and luxurious living. Nope I do not have any repent for not being there anytime. I have a beautiful home to live. And a beautiful family. And that is enough for me. But I just felt – had anyone wish to visit any FIVE-star hotel, better visit any DPS campus.Big lounge, two swimming pools, luxury toilets with students’ lockers – this is something amazing. It looked so rosy – lovely, confident, and happy faces of students, teachers and guardians. And they really charmed us with outstanding songs and orchestra. There were food stalls, joy rides, two toy trains, scores of funny games for students. It will surely make you feel younger. We again said thanks to Anjaan & his wife, Rimpa, who really have lots of care and concern for everyone around.

In front of Swimming Pool, DPS, Newtown

We Enjoyed the Day. But…

Well there was no such facility like this in our time! My friends repented. But I have a different stand. Make the most of whatever you have now. Never look back unless it helps you to correct your faults. If they have great campus, we had great childhood games and plenty of times. They have BIG playgrounds. They have
world class swimming pools. They have everything under the sky probably. BUT do they have time now? I saw them complaining about the lifestyle of today's students - career, time crunch, study stresses, pressure from every corner, heavily loaded curriculum etc. etc. in an open session discussion.

What Do You Say?

No comments:

Post a Comment